The submission guidelines include information about absolute editorial requirements that must be fulfilled, criteria for each article type, instructions on preparing a manuscript for submission to Asia Pacific Family Medicine and the online submission process. Other relevant information about the journal including the peer-review process can be found in About Asia Pacific Family Medicine .
Manuscripts cannot be submitted to more than one journal at a time and cannot be submitted by anyone other than one of the authors. The submitting author takes responsibility for the submission on behalf of all authors. All authors must consent to the submission.
Before you submit your manuscript, please ensure that you have satisfied all formatting requirements and have all the required supporting information as listed below. If you have any questions about the submission process or preparation of your manuscript, please contact email@example.com.
1. Correctly format your manuscript
Please make sure you have all of the required files in the correct format before submitting your manuscript.
Asia Pacific Family Medicine publishes the following article types. Please click on the relevant article type below for instructions on how to format your manuscript.
Illustrations and figures
Illustrations and figures must be uploaded as separate files and not embedded in your manuscript.
You may use the following formats: EPS, PDF (for line drawings), PNG, TIFF (for photographs and screen dumps), JPEG (for photographs and screen dumps), BMP, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX.
See Preparing your manuscript for more information on how to format your figures.
Smaller tables that are considered to be integral to the manuscript can be pasted at the end of the manuscript file in A4 portrait or landscape format. Larger tables can be uploaded separately as additional files.
See Preparing your manuscript for more information on how to format your tables.
You may provide datasets, tables, movies, or other information as additional files. These will be published along with the article. Do not include files such as patient consent forms, certificates of language editing, or revised versions of the main manuscript document with tracked changes.
The maximum file size for additional files is 20 MB each, and files will be virus-scanned on submission.
See Preparing your manuscript for more information on additional files.
2. Prepare supporting information
Please make sure you have the following information available before you attempt to submit your manuscript:
Full names and email addresses of all co-authors on your manuscript.
A cover letter that includes the following information, as well as any additional information requested in the instructions for your specific article type (see main manuscript section above):
- An explanation of why your manuscript should be published in Asia Pacific Family Medicine
- An explanation of any issues relating to journal policies
- A declaration of any potential competing interests
- Confirmation that all authors have approved the manuscript for submission
- Confirmation that the content of the manuscript has not been published, or submitted for publication elsewhere (see our Duplicate publication policy)
- If you are submitting a manuscript to a particular special issue, please refer to its specific name in your covering letter.
You may suggest potential peer reviewers for your manuscript. If you wish to do so, please provide institutional email addresses where possible, or information which will help the Editor to verify the identity of the reviewer (for example an ORCID or Scopus ID). Intentionally falsifying information, for example, suggesting reviewers with a false name or email address, will result in rejection of your manuscript and may lead to further investigation in line with our misconduct policy. See our Editorial policies for guidance on suggesting peer reviewers.
Excluding peer reviewers
During submission you may enter details of anyone who you would prefer not to review your manuscript.
The following information must be included under the Declarations section of your manuscript. You will be asked about this information during submission of your manuscript.
Ethics approval and consent to participate
Manuscripts reporting studies involving human participants, human data or human tissue must include a statement on ethics approval and consent. Studies involving animals must include a statement on ethics approval.
See our Editorial policies for more information.
Consent to publish
All manuscripts containing any individual person’s data in any form require consent to publish from that person, or in the case of children, their parent or legal guardian.
See our Editorial policies for more information.
Availability of data and materials
For all journals, you must include an 'Availability of data and materials' section within the ‘Declarations’ of your manuscript detailing where the data supporting your findings can be found. For some journals, deposition of your data is mandatory (see information on individual article types above). For journals where data deposition is not mandatory, BioMed Central strongly encourages all datasets on which the conclusions of the manuscript rely be either deposited in publicly available repositories or presented in the main paper or additional supporting files. If you do not wish to share your data, please state that data will not be shared, and state the reason.
All financial and non-financial competing interests must be declared in this section. You will be asked about this during submission of your manuscript.
See our Editorial policies for more information on competing interests.
All sources of funding for the research reported should be declared.
3. Agree to conditions of submission, BioMed Central’s copyright and license agreement and article-processing charge (APC)
Copyright and license agreement
During submission, you will need to accept and confirm the following conditions of submission:
- All authors of the manuscript have read and agreed to its content and are accountable for all aspects of the accuracy and integrity of the manuscript in accordance with ICMJE criteria.
- That the manuscript is original, has not already been published in a journal, and is not currently under consideration by another journal.
- That you agree to the terms of the BioMed Central Copyright and License Agreement and Open data policy, which we strongly recommend you read. For authors who are prevented from being copyright holders (for instance where Crown Copyright applies or researchers are US government employees) BioMed Central can accommodate nonstandard copyright lines. If this applies to you, please contact us and provide details of your situation.
- For more information see our Copyright and license policy.
Asia Pacific Family Medicine levies an article-processing charge on all accepted articles. If the submitting author's institution is a BioMed Central member the cost of the article-processing charge may be covered by the membership. Article processing charge waivers or discounts are also granted on a case-by-case basis to authors who lack funds. To apply for a waiver or discount, please request one during the submission process.